Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mid-Session Check In

Frankie Pena
English 102
Mrs. Cline
Mid-session check in blog
10/17/10
This semester has been interesting considering that this is my first time taking English online. It has been a little more challenging not being able to just ask the teacher what I am doing wrong and getting a response right away. My biggest improvement is turning in all my assignments on time.
The meetings have been slightly exciting to read. Although I have felt the same way as the author when he was saying that he didn’t want to go to war because he had better things to do than fight the wrong war. Then when it comes to writing literary analysis compared to the previous writings in 102; there have been some difficulties for me because it’s a new way of writing. In my personal opinion, I dislike literary analysis writing because I like descriptive writing. Descriptive writing allows me to paint my own canvas and not follow someone else’s work just to talk about it. Literary analysis writing has a bit more to it than I thought so it isn’t my favorite but I doubt it will be long before I fall in love with it. Every style of writing has its perks and, well, some have their not so great moments.
There are a few goals that I have set for the rest of the semester and they are first to raise my grade to an A-plus. Second, meet at least twice a month with the teacher to discuss what I can work on to better my writing not only as a student but as a writer. I hope to improve all of my writings from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment